Lessons in All Instruments and Vocals, and in Every Style of Music
Music School Overview
World Music Nashville's Music Education Center is the largest and most successful private music instruction facility in Nashville. We provide music intruction to a continuing average-level of over 500 students per week. Our Teachers coach complete beginners and highly advanced players alike. Our students range in age from 5 years old straight through to those who have been very wise and wordly for many decades.
World Music Nashville provides much more than your typically neighborhood private music lesson. Our school mentors our students, coaches them in performing groups and bands, organizes and hosts regular student performance concerts, and travels with groups of our students to perform around Nashville and beyond. Students here are part of a family. We encourage and facilitate interaction between students, instructors, and staff in a way that has brought many to feel that our school community is a significant part of their lives. It is not uncommon to hear students say they love this place, or they love their teacher.
Speaking of Teachers
Speaking of our Teachers, we must admit we are very proud of them. They are highly accredited and experienced, and have consistantly drawn the admiration of the students they have mentored. There are no amateur instructors at World Music Nashville. Unfortunately every great musician is not a great teacher. Our teachers are not only talented musicians, but most importantly they are committed to teaching as a profession, not as a way to make some extra money on the side.
We require all teachers to possess exceptional professional teaching credentials and professional teaching experience of a decade or more. Many of our teachers have bachelors or masters degrees in music, are published authors, songwriters, and have vast experience as touring and recording pros working with world renowned stars. Complete credentials, pictures, and bios on our Teachers are available on the website for World Muisc Nashville's Music Education Center.
What makes us a little better
- At World Music Nashville, we give you more than just music lessons. We give you a Music Education.
- We have a simple combined mission here. We want to make the study of music down-right fun, and we want our student's efforts to achieve real results.
- There is much more available to students here than your standard old-fashioned weekly music lesson.
- Students have the option to participate in group coaching and perform as solo artists, duos, small groups, and full bands. Bands are comprised of students of similar age, level of ability, and musical style prefernce.Yes it's true. You don't have to search for a band. You will find one right here waiting for you. And if that's not enough, as a big bonus you get a experienced professional musician to coach you.
- Singers have the opportunity to practice, be coached, and perform vocal harmonies together.
- Students have the option to perform at Events held at World Music Nashville, and Outside Events and Venues.
- Playing together in bands that 'will perform' helps to motivate and inspire students.
- Unlike traditional lessons, the student interactions here create new friendships
- In addition to private lessons, bands, and performance opportunities, we provide workshops, and seminars in a variety of musical areas.
- Of course the teachers are nice people, but we pride ourselves on having the most professional group of teachers you could hope to find
- These experienced teachers don't just give you a lesson, they have the first class knowledge and experience that produces the real results you seek.
- We provide instruction in most instruments and vocals, just about any style of music. You can study anything from classical to bluegrass, country to jazz, blues to metal, and just about anything else you have in mind.
- Here the rule is to have fun. The teachers and the staff provide a relaxed, supportive, and family atmosphere that is second to none.
Your Brain on Music / Music is Good for You
Did you know studies have linked active music making with better language and math ability, improved school grades, better-adjusted social behavior, and improvements in reasoning. There are real benefits in learning to play an instrument that go well beyond the appreciation for the art and creativity of music. Music is an integral part of a well-rounded educational program. It has a long track record for building self-discipline and integrity, providing unique opportunities for self expression and creativity. Learning to play a musical instrument is a great way to express oneself and have fun! It can teach the value of teamwork when playing in a group, it can expand a student's appreciation of music throughout different cultures and it can help develop technical thought and ability that can be utilized in other areas of study.
At World Music Nashville's Music Education Center we strive to create an atmosphere that is relaxed, fun and supportive. Playing a musical instrument should be rewarding and fun. It takes focus and practice, but being in an environment where one hears the sounds of music playing all around you and sees others who are learning, can really inspire and motivate. Self confidence in other aspects in life can be fostered by the aquisition of musical skills. And besides all that, it is a blast to play 'with' and 'for' other people.
* Our traditionally popular Band Workshops, and Adult Jam Workshops are reving up for the new year. These programs give students of all ages and abilities the opportunity to refine the critical skills of Musical Performance with the support that allows the students to have some real fun while doing it!
At World Music Nashville, we give you more than just music lessons... We give you a MUSIC EDUCATION.
Sleep Better . . . Play More Music